Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A tribute to my Teachers !

I have been blessed in my life with a lot of wonderful teachers, first of all my mom dad and didi but this post is not about them. This is about some of my other teachers who have a big hand in shaping my life and helped me in the making of who i am today. I'll start with my primary school teachers and den move on the ladder.


  1. Prema ma'am : She was my class teacher in Ukg (prep) class. One of the very first person in my life who saw a potential in me and always worked hard on me to refine me. I was a talkative kid in class so she even complained to my mom abt that. but never the less onw of the best teachers a child can have in such a young age. 
  2. Nuppor Ma'am :  I was new in the achool in class 5. About after a month she came to teach us social studies. In general if u ask a random kid that he/she likes SSc or not the answer will be no, but mine was yes, a big yes. Because of her i loved the subject. She always asked questions about general knowledge and i generally had answer to all of them. I still remember she specifically asked this question to me in class, who is the general secretory of UN. Of course today i wont be able to answer this ques but that time it was a child's play, Kofi Annan was the answer. U can imagine how much impact she would have had on me for having utter faith in me that this kid will defiantly answer my question.
  3. Venu Ma'am : She was my science teacher in 5th and class teacher in 6th std. Again a wonderful teacher. She did activities in call which were mentioned in the text book. As a class teacher she made her talk in English by imposing fine. Also everyone was not afriad of her but respected her to much. I respect her from bottom of my heart. She will never phrase a kid randomly but yeah motivate each kid and it dosen't matter that you are a class topper, if you had done something wrong you had to face punishment. I remember her most sever punishment where she wrote a note in diary of 7 students which had to be signed by their parents where she had asked to stop TV privileges of them for at least 7 days because of their misbehavior  in class. All the students actually completed that punishment and mind u at that time TV was a big thing for all of us.
  4. Murgan Sir : My math and class teacher for class VIII. He taught math like never before, had a south accent but still everyone enjoyed his teaching. This was the time when Math became my favorite subject leaving Social Science behind. He never scolded anyone by hand but yeah i remember he once shouted at me for talking in class and that whole day  was sad because my fav teacher has scolded me.
  5. Mukesh Sir : Again my class teacher, in X class and math teacher in X and XII. Students feared him. He was a terror and famous for his scoldings of students. My first month in X and he slapped a guy standing in front of me, made the whole class silent, the loudest one i have experienced. But I never feared him. I was a decent student and so never feared any teacher much. But I respected him, Excellent teacher of math. He had the best ways to teach and made the subject interesting. 
  6. Pooja Bansal : She was not my school teacher but she was my math teacher in class XII in bansals jaipur. The only reason she is here is because one line she told me once which changed my life. The reason i was able to crack JEE was because of her one advise. I went to her and said "Ma'am marks nahi aate maths main (I don't score well in math exam ). Kya karun ? (what to do)".  She was in a hurry but replied to me "U dont solve questions completely. U leave them in between seeing that calculations are going lengthy. Complete your calculations and u'll see the difference." She was correct.  Seeing my face and not my paper told her where i was wrong and she corrected me. I started following her advise and in the next exam suddenly my maths marks doubled. all of my friends were also shocked and said as a joke"Kya ghutti pila di tujhe PN ne ?? (did PB gave u any special tonic to perform well)".
                      There are a lot of people whom i have not mentioned here but still were very important teachers in my life like Ambika ma'am in class 7th, Devedi sir (Sanskrit teacher!), Vaani ma'am (cem teacher) and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment